We are currently recruiting for a Site Supervisor on behalf of a local authority in the Lancashire area.
The Site Supervisor will be responsible for the inspection, measurement and monitoring of activities by a contractor engaged on the delivery of a highway authority capital scheme usually on a live highway situation.
- Select and implement appropriate procedures to carry out more complex technical tasks of a higher risk of nature (e.g. designs, inspections, assessments, analyses) to produce the required technical output (e.g. identification of customer need, implementation or routine service processes)
- Provide technical and analytical support to other members of staff delivering more complex services.
- Provide information and advice to customers by interpreting established procedures, using technical experience and by applying best practice within the field.
- Provide guidance and advice to less experienced staff in order to develop their skills within their role.
- Liaise and build working relationships with contractors.
- Suggest improvements to current working methods to contribute to improvements in service delivery.
Skills & Attributes
- Experience in the civil engineering infrastructure field.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of CDM regulations, construction details, materials & workmanship and H&S issues.
- Knowledge of contract procedures and professional disciplines involved in highway construction.
- The ability to manage workload and associated paperwork.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient IT skills.
- CSCS card.
- Driving License.