Discipline: Electrical, Hydraulic, Mechanical, Multi-Skilled, Technical Support
Speciality: Electrical, Maintenance, Mechanical, Technical Support
UK Residency Required: Yes
Salary: £32000 - £35000
Apply by: 29/09/2017
Min Experience: 4 years
We are looking to recruit a Sustaining/Technical Support Engineer to join my client initially on a 6 month fixed term basis at their site in North Yorkshire. The successful candidate will be required to provide technical support to clients with in- service products and advise on product modifications. Ideally we are looking for candidates with a broad engineering knowledge covering mechanical/ electrical/ hydraulic principles. Candidates will ideally be degree qualified however those with demonstrable knowledge will be considered.
Role Description :
• Look at root cause analysis of in-service problems (including operational hazards, deficiency reports, parts obsolescence and reliability degradation).
• Collect, process and prioritise of all service use and maintenance data (e.g. NCR customer field reports, emails etc).
• Periodic technical review of in-service system problems and performance against baseline requirements.
• Directly supervise assigned engineering personnel for the initiation and completion of project related tasks.
• Provide technical data and engineering cost estimates for in-service systems and customer requests.
• Investigate and release revisions to in-service drawings and procedures.
• Coordinate and release field retrofit kits with procedures.
• Initiate and release to the field technical notes.
• Investigate and design alternatives for obsolescence issues (including decisions on the final purchase of products).
• Collate customer ready engineering responses to technical support enquiries in a timely manner.
• Be an active member of the “on call” out of hour’s rota system.
• Any other duties, as required by the Company.
Qualifications & Skills
• BSc/BEng in a relevant subject or equivalent is desirable.
• Ability to present and write technical bulletins is essential.
• Ability to always consider the safety aspects of written instructions is essential.
• Ability to consider and involve all engineering disciplines during decision making process is essential.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD/SolidWorks is desirable
• Working knowledge of ProE is desirable
• Working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical control systems is essential.