We are currently recruiting for a Technical Sales Manager on behalf of an internationally renowned organisation who specialise in the design, manufacture and distribution of construction materials and solutions.
As the Technical Sales Manager you will be responsible for developing and driving the sales strategy for a range of products within the Soil and Drainage sector throughout North West London and the Home Counties
- Have a clear understanding of the strategic Policy Deployment for the Sales team, and actively contribute with other TSMs to the development of the National Sales strategy/Policy Deployment.
- Translate the strategic objectives of the Sales Function into a Regional Sales strategy to drive sales and revenue for the Soil and Drain products within a designated region.
- Develop strong relationships with the internal sales team, and other relevant departments, and ensure they are fully aligned and contributing to the regional sales strategy.
- Involvement and contribution to the development and implementation of strategies for merchant/distributor management within a designated region.
- Influence specifications within the region; identify the right specifications in the sales process
- Understand local investment plans (private developments, local government spend etc.), and use to identify opportunities for sales and revenue growth
- Identify all projects/opportunities in the region and liaise with Sale team colleagues, Sales & Specification Manager London & SE and Sales Director.
- Actively develop the value creation/value proposition process into the regional sales strategy, for approved installers and specifiers.
- Pitch to multiple stakeholders at each stage of project including Architects, Contractors and Distribution network.
- Drive NPD products within the region to deliver specific NPD targets
- Actively support the delivery of product groups into Key Accounts
- Actively participate in animator process to drive understanding and product performance in all sales regions
Skills & Attributes
- Experience in selling within the specification & building distributor markets is a significant advantage,
- An Architectural, M&E or Drainage technical background would be preferred due to the nature of the product range but this is not essential.
- Excellent presentation and pitching skills with experience of selling to a variety of stakeholders.
- Have excellent commercial acumen and be able to make a link between technical knowledge and commercial impact.
- A high aptitude when dealing with numerical and verbal information.
- Ability to analyse data and understand numerical commercial data and be able to translate this into market/business implications.