UK Residency Required: Yes
Salary: £25000 - £28000
Apply by: 04/11/2017
Min Experience: 3 years
We are currently recruiting for a Test Engineer for a client based in Scarborough looking to expand their current team due to increase in workload. This is a permanent role working on days Monday – Friday.
The ideal candidate will be HNC/ HND qualified in an electrical field as a minimum with demonstrable experience testing and repairing electrical and electronic equipment. This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leading business looking to expand their team and continually develop their staff.
• Ensure that product test and repairs are completed to a high level of workmanship.
• Ensure that product test and repairs are technically compliant with project specifications.
• Ensure that product test and repairs adhere to relevant quality and safety standards (eg. BS EN 60950).
• Achieve the highest levels of performance in terms of speed of work, quality and meeting deadlines.
• Oversee customer Factory Acceptance Tests, liaising with clients in a polite and professional manner.
• Make active contribution to Continuous Improvement initiatives, challenging product design, build and test processes and information workflow.
• Carry out equipment calibration, PAT testing and maintenance work on test equipment as required.
• Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company health and safety procedures.
• Provide support to operations within the battery test area of the business as required.
• Provide support to the repairs section of the business as required.
• Develop and maintain good professional working relationships.
•Minimum HNC/HND Electrical/ Electronic engineering
• A working knowledge of power electronics
• Bench engineer experience
• Excellent planning and scheduling skills