We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Or Graduate Civil Engineer on behalf of a leading Civil Engineering Consultancy based in West Yorkshire.
Established over 30 years ago this year, the company has built up an enviable reputation for delivering design solutions for projects throughout the Uk across multiple sectors including Commercial, Residential and Leisure projects.
The Graduate Engineer will support the senior civil engineering team in providing technical expertise for all aspects of civil engineering projects and ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards and meet both the clients and company expectations.
- You will be required to create and review design calculations as well as check and approve drawings produced as a result of the calculations.
- To develop and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external clients and suppliers.
- Provide technical assistance to senior staff members
- Produce designs and calculations for clients and the CAD team, all calculations and designs are subject to review dependant on complexity and will be checked in detail in line with Quality Management System and internal quality procedures
- Demonstrate willingness and take a proactive approach to ongoing CDP, such as attendance at courses and professional meetings.
- You will receive on the job training as required/requested to obtaining membership in your chosen institute.
- Liaise with other disciplines within the business as well as site operatives and may be required to represent the company at design and Site meetings.
- Complete all work in a timely manner.
- Create design calculations with the support of your line manager for civil engineering in readiness for creation into drawings
- Assist in the inspection of civil engineering installations
- Respond to internal and external enquiries in person or by telephone / email
- Deliver a consistent and professional level of customer service at all time to Clients and other practises within the industry
- Continually deliver on agreed timescales, ensuring that clients are informed of slippage and re-negotiate timescales if required
- Prepare other documents and information relating to the design work alongside your line manager
- Deliver efficient, effective and quality services by way of flexible working and the support of your line manager.
- Assisting your line manager in the delivery of services by providing support within the office.
- Create engineering drawings using CAD packages and sketches for drafting
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant Civil Engineering qualifications from college/university. Additional training/leave to attend college or university will be accommodated and encouraged.
- To demonstrate a working knowledge and show developing expertise in the use of software packages including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Effective presentational skills
- Proactive & hardworking attitude
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Self-driven approach
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency