Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Welding Supervisor to join their team in North Yorkshire on an permanent basis. Ideally candidates will be have previous experience within a similar role and also be trained and experienced in MIG/ TIG welding. Work will be conducted on Stainless/ Duplex and Aluminium. This is a days based role working – Monday – Friday. All overtime paid at premium rates! Excellent Opportunity to join a leading company in a lead role..
- Responsible for setting of the quality/welding standards within the department and ensuring they are maintained.
- Achieve 100% efficiency (planned v actual hours) for the department.
- Ensure major project schedule into integration dates are met.
- Assist in allocation of project hours and managing/reporting of S&OP.
- Manage department overhead budget.
- Ensures welding procedures and training/testing of staff for required materials used is constantly reviewed and updated.
- Ensures documentation completed by staff for all work carried out i.e. weld mapping, WPS creation, consumable control, all settings and weld data for traceability etc.
- Responsible for ensuring staff trained to provide NDT inspection when required.
- Ensure all department staff carry out risk assessments for all tasks and activities.
- Complete all necessary documentation according to the requirements, (including timesheets, NCR’s, ECN’S, reports etc.)
- Ensure job tasks are carried out safely using good working practices targeting zero lost time accidents.
Qualifications & Skills
- Apprentice trained welder / fabricator
- Experience working in manufacturing environments
- Previous experience working with a lead/ supervisory role
- Trained on MIG/TIG welding equipment
- Coded / Previously coded to ASME IX standard.
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency