Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Retail
|Min Experience:||4 year(s)|
|Annual Salary:||£35,000 (Negotiable)|
|UK Residency Required:||Yes|
Continued expansion has created needs for several experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineers in various locations throughout the UK. This is an interesting and challenging opportunity to work for one of the country’s leading supermarket chains. A mobile role working on various commercial and retail properties.
• Duties and responsibilities will include
• Audit the quality of the manual and audit existing manuals to ensure they are maintained accurately.
• Ensure the manual is distributed to the right people
• Anticipate potential risks and prioritise time
• Produce maintenance specifications, ensure they are updated and maintained
• Audit compliance against the specifications
• Identify the root cause and make recommendations to rectify
• Review failure rate for equipment and produce annual replacement plans which inform the Long Term Plan (MCAP planning)
• Establish the level of plant availability required by the customer and assess the condition of new build and asset replacement programmes
• Work closely with technicians and their managers to agree work plans and agree these with Maintenance Services, Property Senior Managers and Directors
• Create the annual plan for proactive maintenance work and predict the subsequent volume of reactive work
• Create planned maintenance plans which drive a year-on-year reduction in the level of reactive failures.
• Continuously review method statements to optimise tasks and reduce task times.
• Support maintenance fault diagnosis; where poor system design or installation has occurred, highlight issues and make recommendations for resolution
• Engineer degree / HND qualified (or equivalent)
• Previous experience of equipment maintenance in an office facilities / retail environment
• Have a minimum of 10 years experience of equipment design, installation, commissioning and maintenance in a building infrastructure / retail environment
• Experienced in work planning / specification, risk assessment, job productivity assessment and resource skills forecasting
• Demonstrable success in influencing senior line managers and groups
• Worked in and understands the challenges within a fast paced, pressurised environment
• Challenging of others in a way which is engaging, influential and impactful, especially with senior individuals and groups
• Able to deal well with people at all levels
• Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders and understand the needs of the business
• Ability to question and link conversation to the bigger issues and questions
• Good at root cause analysis
• Technically competent in facilities / retail related engineer equipment