Multi Skilled Gas Engineer - Northeast
Safe Handling of Refrigerants
|Min Experience:||-1 year(s)|
|Annual Salary:||£25,000 - £27,000 (Negotiable)|
|Benefits:||company vehicle + overtime + company benefits|
|UK Residency Required:||Yes|
Form part of a team of multi-skilled technical support staff, ensuring that the service provided meets the contractual requirements and complies with relevant law at all times.
The role will cover North East Middlesbrough/Sunderland/Newcastle area. The successful candidate will need to complete a CTC (Counter Terrorism Check) upon appointment.
• Ensure that the day-to-day planned preventative maintenance activities of gas engineers are completed in line with our contractual obligations.
• Ensure all assets are maintained in accordance with the O&M Manuals.
• Assist in supervising contractors and sub-contractors and ensure compliance with all statutory obligations.
• Ensure that all reactive calls are closed out in line with our contractual time scales.
• Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation and company policy. (Fire regulations, COSHH, Safe working practices, PPE, PAT testing etc).
• Ensure all gas distribution systems are functional and operational within design parameters and carry out reactive repairs within agreed response and rectification times
• Ensure energy efficiencies are controlled and maintained
• Keep all plant / rooms / services enclosures clean, tidy safe and secure
• Undertake any ad-hoc duties that may be necessary during the course of your working shift
Knowledge skills & experience
Gas Safe essential, LPG gas competence essential, domestic and commercial gas boilers essential
Previous experience of gas systems and or multi-disciplined maintenance essential. Must have sound interpersonal skills, and pay attention to detail. Must have experience and competence in relevant Health & Safety legislation.
• Regards personal and plant safety as priority
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual
• Ability to read schematic and circuit diagrams
• Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems.
• Willingness to undertake further training
• Willingness and ability to participate in task audits/near miss reporting/plant audits etc
• Takes responsibility for own actions
• Keenness to pro-actively improve housekeeping