Installation & Commissioning Engineer
|Job Field:||Oil & Gas|
|Min Experience:||5 year(s)|
|Annual Salary:||£45,000 - £50,000 (Negotiable)|
|UK Residency Required:||Yes|
• To support new systems completion and commissioning activities, systems delivered completed “fit for purpose” and “ready for work”
• To ensure that new vessels, equipment, hardware and systems are comprehensively commissioned, functioning as designed (and as expected).
• To ensure that installation and commissioning of equipment is achieved in an efficient and timely manner using both internal and external resources as required.
• To provide a critical link from the new build projects, ensuring accurate and realistic information on progress.
• Develop and expedite comprehensive commissioning scopes of work for various new-build projects
• To support the development of specifications for new vessels and equipment ensuring that the requirements of equipment integration, interfaces, commissioning and inspection and test planning.
Job scope (budget, management, specific criteria):
• Sit within the new-build vessel project team as an integral member endeavouring to complete the vessel whilst supporting the project manager.
• Support any other and or all subsequent new-build project as and when required and directed.
• Spend extended periods on site during build to obtain a holistic view of progress, commissioning issues and with support from planning resources establish what personnel and resources are required and when.
• Support all MNB and new-build project planning and development of build and commissioning schedules
• Support the existing fleet as and when required and directed.
• Review and approve all internal and subcontractor commissioning procedures.
• Actively support the new asset development department in the development of specifications for new vessels and equipment. Provide guidance on the levels of commissioning and testing required as well as the expected level of infrastructure needed for the vessel to achieve the capacity / capability desired as an efficient new subsea construction asset.
Typical background and experience required:
• 5 + Years experience in the Offshore / Subsea construction industry including offshore time on vessels and onshore time undertaking maintenance and upgrade works.
• History of leading or working as an integral part of a team to commission and deliver complex systems.
• Experienced at leading a team of multi disciplined personnel.
Nice to have:
• Relevant marine qualifications covering the following areas, electrical installations, electronics, hydraulics and materials / welding, NDT, ROV, Crane operations / maintenance
• Good knowledge / understanding of ship building or other relevant industries
• Adherence and promotion of company HSQE policies
• Adherence and promotion of all other company policies