Senior Quantity Surveyor - Nuclear
|Job Field:||Oil & Gas|
|Min Experience:||5 year(s)|
|Annual Salary:||£40,000 - £45,000 (Negotiable)|
|UK Residency Required:||Yes|
I am currently working with a highly reputable main contractor who have a specialist division offering complete turnkey solutions across the industrial and energy markets, predominantly within the nuclear, oil, gas, process and power sectors. The company have established an excellent name in their specific field throughout the UK and overseas.
With a strong order book and having recently secured a number of large scale projects across the UK the company are looking to recruit a strong Senior Quantity Surveyor with a proven track record at a UK main contractor or nuclear/industrial sector specialist. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will work closely with the senior management team, overseeing a number of strategic projects across the company’s core sectors.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Financial & commercial control of projects
• Be a full team member to achieve successful project delivery
• Eliminate risk
• Ensure accurate, real time reporting
• Achieve project targets whilst maintaining client and supply chain relationships
• Tackle difficult issues early by promoting early resolution to problems
• Aspire to the very highest standards of quality, service and business performance
Knowledge skills & experience
• Proficient knowledge of measurement and valuation.
• Proficient in reading drawings, specifications and knowledge of construction engineering processes.
• Good knowledge of standard forms of contract and principles of contract law.
• Ability to negotiate with sub contractors.
• Ability to draft sub contracts.
• Ability to assist in the production of accurate monthly cost and value reports & financial forecasts.
• Ability to work in a team environment and to interface with stakeholders.
• Knowledge of industry legislation.
• Understanding of H&S issues at work.
• Awareness of dispute resolution procedures.
• Knowledge of cost planning techniques.
• Holding a relevant CSCS card.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
• Extensive experience of working on live projects.
• Experience of assisting in the procurement of major works sub contracts.
• Experienced in the preparation of measurement for eventual final account agreement.
• Technical knowledge of the construction engineering industry.
• An appreciation of different industry contracts.
• An appreciation of commercial processes associated with live projects.
• An appreciation of risk in construction engineering process.
• An appreciation of the relevance of the construction programme/critical path.
The rewards for the successful candidate are excellent. The initial starting salary will range from £40-45,000, dependent on the level of experience. All successful candidates will also be rewarded for hard work with an excellent benefits package including car or allowance, annual bonus, pension, private medical, 25 days annual holiday + bank holidays