Lead Design Engineer - Signalling
|Min Experience:||5 year(s)|
|Annual Salary:||£35,000 - £46,000 (Negotiable)|
|Benefits:||Basic salary is negotiable for the right candidate
Full benefit package as well
|UK Residency Required:||Yes|
Principal Design Engineer – Signalling / Verifier - Swindon
You job will be to ensure that Signalling Designs are competently undertaken and documentation delivered to the appropriate Standards. To act as Lead Engineer in producing signaling designs broadly in the form of Scheme/Signalling plans, Control Tables, location diagrams, cable core plans, power schematics and interlocking wiring produced under his / her control ensuring adherence to all Standards.
Key areas of Responsibility & Accountability
• Required to act as mentor to other less experienced or junior engineers within the team.
• Carry out independent checks on design work carried out by the team
• Responsible for the preparation of Outline Project and Signalling Design Specifications.
• To produce pre feasibility and feasibility reports and present any fundamental findings of the report to the client.
• To assist with Signalling infrastructure condition assessment surveys and site surveys and act as department liaison when other engineering disciplines and client representatives are involved.
• Act as department representative when providing design cover of signalling projects during the commissioning phase. Assist with Testing and Commissioning when required.
• Provide Signalling Design estimates; technical expertise and input for Signalling related proposals for new projects during feasibility and final detailed design stage.
• Represent the company at client meetings.
The job holder will have a background within the Signalling Industry, including good technical design knowledge. The ideal candidate will have experience in reviewing design issue documentations, in addition to updating and maintaining technical records.
• Experienced Signalling Design Verifier with the relevant principle and verifier licences.
• Experience of producing Network Rail Grip 4 signalling design deliverables is desirable.
• Minimum of HNC Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
• IRSE Design Licence.
• Membership of a professional body is desirable.
• Membership of IRSE is desirable.
• Engineering focused
• Awareness of cross discipline engineering issues
• Effective communicator
• Has an understanding of commercial principles
• Has experience of building cross-discipline and external relationships
• Have the ability to manage and work on multiple projects simultaneously, at a very fast pace with tight deadlines.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant requested experience please contact Adrienne Cookson on 0113 285 5976 or email your CV to email@example.com