Senior Design Engineer - Permanent Way
|Min Experience:||5 year(s)|
|Annual Salary:||£35,000 - £45,000 (Negotiable)|
|Benefits:||Basic salary is negotiable dependant on skills and experience
Package as well as basic salary
|UK Residency Required:||Yes|
Our client is looking for a Senior Design Engineer for Permanent Ways in the North West. The role will be ensuring that permanent way designs are competently undertaken, with drawings and documentation delivered to the appropriate standards, specifications and programmes.
The ideal candidate will be a technically qualified and experienced engineer. (Therefore Chartered engineer or working towards this). You will have knowledge of Permanent Way GRIP 3 to 5 design and engineering activities with a working knowledge of Network Rail standards. Knowledge of P/Way protocol and standards within the rail infrastructure industry and proven experience of delivering Permanent Way design schemes within set budget and timescale.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of other rail disciplines and interface management as well as the ability to work well in a team as well as on your own initiative.
• Ensure designs are produced to the required quality and standard.
• Ensure designs are produced within allotted hours and to programme.
• Ensure that all necessary QA functions are carried out in accordance with project procedures.
• Deliver work within agreed timelines, according to the agreed quality and in line with all safety rules, standards and principles.
• Prepare designs, assurance evidence, calculations, reports and specifications.
• Design checking and approving to ensure designs meet with all Client expectations including Group and Company Standards.
• Liaison and formal interdisciplinary checks where required with Network Rail, HMRI, S&C Manufacturers, and all other railway disciplines (Signalling, OLE, Civils, Telecoms and Power Supply).
• Undertake reviews of Permanent Way suppliers to ensure they have technical approval for goods and services supplied and ensure performance management of specialist consultants and contractors.
• Provide input and assist with the preparation of bids for tenders and supervision and mentoring of team members in the design of railway engineering infrastructure.
• Provide technical briefings in accordance with company and industry requirements to the P/Way team.
• Produce and/or review Permanent Way related quality & safety documentation
If you are interested in this role and have proven experience in this field please contact Adrienne Cookson on 0113 2855976 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org