Senior Transmission Engineer
|Job Field:||Senior Appointments|
|Min Experience:||5 year(s)|
|Annual Salary:||£70,000 - £80,000 (Negotiable)|
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits incl accomodation, bonus|
|UK Residency Required:||No|
Our client is a major leading Global Consultancy. Having recently been awarded several major Power Distribution contracts in the Middle East they are seeking experienced senior transmission engineers.
The successful candidates should fit the following essential criteria:
• Shall be full time employee of the prior to his assignment to this Contract.
• B.S Electrical Engineering or B.S. Electrical System.
• Experience of the flexible alternating current transmission system (FACTS)
• Projects at any of the stages of Planning, Engineering, Commissioning and O&M.
• Shall have minimum five (5) years of experience of the FACTS field.
• Shall have experience of the Static VAR Compensation SVC and HVDC
• Have experience of using the PSCAD high and low load cases and demonstrate the SVC stability and Performance during system disturbances.
• Experience of transient overvoltage and insulation coordination study using PSCAD / EMTDC to determine transient overvoltage and over currents from the Power system transients and credible SVC maloperations.
• Knowledge of the transient stability studies using the PSS / E peak and low load cases and identify the worst case contingencies.
• Additional experience in the operation of “Real Time Digital Simulators (RTDS) and PSCAD computer software