A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Services Engineer to progress their career with this leading, national M&E Consultancy.
As the Associate you will be supporting the Directors with the management of a multi-discipline mechanical and electrical building services team. Acting as the technical interface between the respective Director and the Office Engineering Team.
- Maintain and develop client relationships and seek opportunities to develop additional business for the Company. Understand the basics of predicted and secured income and produce with Director support, or input into the production of fee proposals and technical bids.
- Support the Directors with resource requirements and the allocation of work for the respective office or framework. Assist in the professional development and mentoring of the team through technical discussions and knowledge sharing.
- Undertake discipline specific general and specific engineering design and consulting duties
- Understand the project / framework appointment and scope of services, and where required manage a project team to meet our obligations in line with our agreed duties and fee.
- Understand the project costs and the impact of designs and recommendations on the overall budget for the scheme, provide an input on and monitor the cost of the appointed work.
- Attend sites as required throughout the project life cycle and carry out appropriate site reports.
- Demonstrate and deliver excellent technical and report writing skills.
- Attend meetings in a professional manner to represent the Company or specific technical discipline and communicate proactively and professionally with external design teams and clients.
- Check the work of others for compliance with good practice, agreed standards and the project brief.
- As required produce designs, calculations, room data sheets, equipment schedules and specifications and other technical information as required to meet the agreed project stage / level, and coordinate these with others in conjunction with the CAD Department.
- Understand project risks and produce combined MEP Residual Risk Reports in accordance with the CDM regulations with input from other disciplines as required.
- Show leadership in the promotion of sustainability and energy efficiency within designs and recommendations.
- Organise and participate in technical design reviews and carry out technical checks on the work of others.
- Degree or equivalent in building services or Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards chartered status)
- Background in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services
- Previous experience working in an M&E or multi-disciplinary consultancy
- Technical Report Writing
- Design Experience
- Sustainability and energy efficiency
- MS Office (Strong MS Excel User)
- IES VE
- CIBSE Guides
- IEE Regulations
- CDM Regulations
- British Standards
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this company