We have a new opportunity for a BIM Manager to support the development and management of BIM within this leading, award winning Building Services Consultancy.
The Building Information Modelling (BIM) Manager will have responsibility for maintaining and implementing BIM in line with the company’s Policy, strategy and objectives, along with supporting the deployment of BIM activities across multiple projects; whilst working in conjunction with project team members.
The role will involve the following duties:
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of industry developments, best practice and innovations.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of BIM documentation to ensure alignment with business policy and industry standards.
- Supporting the design and delivery of project specific BIM plans during the work winning phase and through the life of each project in response to Customer requirements.
- Liaising with Customers, Architects and Supply Chain to agree BIM requirements and ensure the delivery of these requirements.
- Carry out reviews of supply chain to assess their competence and capability.
- Support project teams to ensure the successful implementation of processes and tools.
- Conduct audits at key project stages to ensure compliance of BIM processes and standards.
- Keep abreast of the latest tools and technologies available in the market to ensure the BIM strategy is market leading and deliverable.
- Work closely with all team members and project requirements to ensure BIM strategy is optimised and refined to suit individual projects.
- Identify & streamline existing procedures and implement new technologies and process where necessary.
- The successful candidate should possess a Design or Construction related background, with a sound knowledge and understanding of BIM within the Building Services industry.
- You will have a good working knowledge and understanding of industry processes and standards, together with previous practical experience of 3D modelling, validation and co-ordination, data management and data exchange are essential to the role.
- Alongside this you will be self-driven and possess excellent communication and influencing skills; to inspire others and proactively move the BIM agenda forward.
Apex Engineering Solutions is a recruitment consultancy acting on behalf of this client