We are currently recruiting for a Building Fabric Operative to join the Estates Department of this high profile University complex.
Reporting to the Building Fabric Team Leader, the Fabric Operative will be responsible for all planned and reactive building fabric maintenance and minor requested works to agreed standards and ensure minimum compliance standards are met. To work with our colleagues in schools, professional services, campus living, tenants and sports to collate and deliver a structured programme of building fabric maintenance and compliance delivery.
This is a permanent position working 37 hours per week. You will receive 34 days annual leave inclusive of 8 bank holidays and 6 university closure days. You will also be enrolled on to the pension scheme with an employers contribution of 21%.
- Deliver the planned maintenance tasks and minor works to ensure customer satisfaction
- To enter and update all works recorded and visible through the Archibus CAFM system
- To work to the Universities quality standards
- To adhere to the Health and Safety policies and requirements for yourself and others
- To be available for emergency call-out on a rota basis to resolve any problems efficiently.
- Working in partnership with general building fabric maintenance team and undertake minor work tasks as and when required.
- To carry out joinery/bricklaying/building fabric/drainage and allied trades work in connection with planned and reactive maintenance and minor requested works – depending upon your area of expertise
- The machining and preparation of wood in connection with planned and reactive maintenance and minor requested works – depending upon your area of expertise
- To carry out asbestos inspections or support the teams nominated specialist in inspecting and updating statutory records.
- To become familiar with and use new equipment and systems (including the cutting of keys) or undertake specialist training where required
- Responsible for the general maintenance of all machinery and equipment including reporting of defects to the Building Fabric Team Leader
- A shared responsibility keeping the FM Yard, offices and workshops clean and safe
Skills & Attributes
- Experienced in either bricklaying, slab laying, block paving, roofing works, floor and wall tiling, plastering, above and below ground drainage systems, joinery works, locksmithing or other building fabric related areas.
- Technical qualification in a related trade subject or equivalent.
- Have a knowledge of all other building related services.
- Be available for call out rota.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- A willingness to undertake future training as required.
- Demonstrate ability to understand Drawings / schematic drawings.
- To work with efficiency and accurately.
- The ability to priorities own work.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- To possess good interpersonal skills.
Note:- Apex Resourcing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency