A rare and challenging new opportunity for an experienced Building Surveying Manager exists at this multi-disciplinary Property Consultancy. You will be involved in a variety of project types including, education, health, heritage, residential.
As the Building Surveying Manager you will be responsible for the management of a team of professional staff engaged in the improvement and maintenance of buildings. Your key responsibilities will include;
- Undertake and manage programmes, projects, and resources.
- Ensure planned maintenance and improvement programmes are completed on time.
- Prepare and check specifications, orders, accounts, estimates and procedures for technical correctness and compliance with policy and procedure notes.
- Liaise with senior colleagues in establishing maintenance/property needs/work programmes.
- Ensure all targets are met and all documentation is produced in relation to processes and procedures.
- Allocate funds and monitor expenditure to various levels of staff and ability on various programmes of work
- Deliver appropriate consultation and support services both internally and externally.
- Carry out specialist building surveying work as required to clients
- Manage and prepare proposals for annual budgets
- Inspire a culture of excellence and continuous improvement, ensuring the delivery of demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards.
- Professional membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent and be working or prepared to work towards chartered status
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a Building Surveying related discipline
- Holds a current site card or is prepared to immediately attain
- Extensive experience in a similar related role
- Management experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with current construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos
Apex Engineering Recruitment is an employment business acting on behalf of this company