Expansion of this dynamic, award winning Building Services Consultancy has created a need for an experienced CFD Engineer to work in their Newcastle and London offices.
As the CFD Engineer your responsibilities will include undertaking computational fluid dynamic analysis of both the internal and external built environment including:
- Internal thermal comfort studies
- HVAC equipment sizing and optimisation
- Outdoor thermal comfort studies
- Natural ventilation analysis
- Support the wider design team in achieving sustainable design solutions.
- Undertake Part L compliance assessments.
- Provide guidance in achieving certification with a range of sustainability rating tools such as BREEAM, WELL and LEED.
- Provide support and training to more junior team members.
- Demonstrable experience in using CFD to achieve positive design outcomes.
- Either a PHD in a CFD related topic or at least 3 years industry experience in CFD analysis.
- Ability to manage projects and communicate effectively with both clients and internal colleagues.
- Experience using IESVE software.
- Experience in the construction sector, in particular building services and HVAC engineering.
- Accredited LCC and LCEA assessor
- Accredited BREEAM assessor.
- Experience working on data centre projects including analysis of data halls and external plant areas.
- Experience of using 6SigmaRoom or Ansys CFD software
- Ability to undertake parametric analysis using Grasshopper and Rhino software.
Apex Engineering Solutions is a Recruitment Consultancy acting on behalf of this company