We are currently recruiting for an experienced Machine Operator to work on a 6 month fixed term contract for this leading global manufacturer within the petrochem and renewable energy sectors.
- Set up, program and operate CNC Hurco and/or Mazak milling machines
- Read and interpret technical drawings, specifications and tolerances
- Competent in the use of precision measuring devices
- Complete Quality documentation (NCR, ECN etc.)
- Carry out standard machine maintenance
- Ability to operate manual milling machines
- Capable of working with limited supervision
- Willing to undertake flexible working hours (may include overtime, shift work, ad hoc)
- Complete administrative documentation (Timesheets, holidays etc)
- Carry out job tasks safely using good working practices
- Ensure good housekeeping at all times.
- Other duties to support the business operations as assigned
- To manufacture components and parts, generally from aluminum, stainless steel and plastics, in accordance with drawings, technical specifications and tolerances
- To program and operate CNC milling machines including planning a sequence of operations to allow efficient manufacture
- Support LEAN activities within the machine shop to ensure maximum efficiency and minimize waste during the manufacturing processes.
- Provide feedback on improvements to design and machine shop equipment to support efficient manufacture of components
Apprentice trained in machine tools.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, specifications and tolerances
- Able to program and operate Hurco and or Mazak CNC milling machines
- Program and operate Mazak CNC Lathe
- Operate manual milling machine
- Operate manual lathe
- Use precision measuring equipment
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Must be hard working, able to work under pressure.
Apex Engineering Recruitment is an employment business acting on behalf of this company