We are currently recruiting for a Contract Manager on behalf of a well-established, mechanical, electrical, building services and renewable energy contractor.
Operating for over 35 years, they are now part of a bigger group. The group is made up of 3 companies. Together they employ over 260 members of staff and turnover £60+ million a year.
You will be the first point of contact for Clients, Customers and Supervisors for the entire duration of the contract, including defect and warranty periods. Quality Control and Health and Safety management is a top priority in this role, ensuring all Supervisors and resources under your direct control adhere to all Company and legislative requirement, whilst effectively managing Client expectations.
You will need to understand all aspects of the contract, contracting process/requirements and have a good technical knowledge. You will need to establish strong working relationships with a wide range of people across all disciplines and at all levels and be able to use your own initiative to make delegated decisions in line with your responsibilities.
The role also includes negotiating sub-contract/supplier orders and monitoring supervisor performance, along with identifying areas for improvement in the Contract Management process.
- Control all aspects of business operations within your Contract(s), and Health & Safety management to deliver Company objectives in line with contractual requirements.
- Develop and ensure all workstreams are monitored and progressed to time, quality, specification and budget in accordance with the Company/Client targets and K.P.I’s.
- Ensure all relevant RAMS are in place prior to works for both direct & sub contract works.
- Ensure appropriate H&S measures, requirements, communication and compliance are in place at all times.
- Attend monthly operational performance management meetings with Division Heads / Directors.
- Set up regular performance related meetings with your Supervisors.
- Procure the necessary labour and materials in line with contractual requirements.
- Ensure all sub-contractors/suppliers are approved and have adequate certification, qualifications and insurance before placing orders.
- Ensure the correct use of, direct labour, agency staff, sub-contractors, materials and plant in accordance with legal/statutory requirements.
- Ensure that the presentation of direct labour, sub-contractors, etc. is at all times monitored to and enforced by the Supervisory team in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure Contract Admin / Supervisors are recording all works on Accuserv prior to starting works to ensure timely info is available at all times.
- Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with best practice and in line with company policies/procedures.
- Maintain, prepare and communicate, monthly performance reports in line with contractual and company requirements.
- Develop agreed processes with Clients to undertake and complete defects during the defects/warranty period.
- Check sub-contractor and wholesaler payment certificates in line with Company terms and Conditions and ensure subcontract final account statements are received prior to their final payment being release.
- Ensure that no work packages operate at a loss.
- Provide monthly/weekly reports to Company Director on all financial and operational issues, analysing and reporting on deficiencies as appropriate.
- Maintain good Client and supply chain relationships, fully investigate complaints and log in line with company complaints procedure and escalate as appropriate in a timely manner. Provide monthly reports and communicate complaints received log to Client management team or nominated representative and line Manager, along with any action taken.
- Maximise and liaise with Bid teams and Directors for future work opportunities
- Understand the various types of Contracts that you will be adhering to, for e.g. NHF, JCT, MTC etc.
Skills & Attributes
- Trade relevant certificates.
- SMSTS would be beneficial.
- Strong and effective people Management skills, for both direct employees and Agency/Sub Contractor labour.
- Experience Managing Local Authority / Social Housing Contracts.
- Financial acumen/ management – able to bring Contracts in on time and within budgets.
- Must be able to communicate professionally at all levels.
- Good IT skills.
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook, clear focus on customer satisfaction.
- Pro-active, ability to work under own initiative without close direction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Note:- Apex Resourcing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency