A fantastic opportunity to work for this cutting edge company that deliver integrated smart building technology projects and support services to organisations throughout the UK. Their delivery model helps leading global organisations design, build, support and manage their space, systems and infrastructure. They provide the framework of connectivity needed for healthy, safe and inspiring workplaces, efficient data centres and comfortable homes. Working across a wide range of sectors, including, financial services, co-working, technology, communications, government, hospitality, residential and media.
As a Data Centre Technician, you will work alongside the fast-paced Site teams and alongside the Client, delivering an efficient and effective service to colleagues whilst gaining valuable, practical experience.
You will be responsible for handling day to day faults and requests providing support on a wide range of systems throughout the Data Centre, ranging from simple cabling connectivity requests to complex kit moves, all whilst using the companies bespoke systems to ensure that all data is up to date and accurate.
The working hours are 7am – 3pm or 2:30pm – 11pm. 1 week early shift / 1 week late shift.
- Perform and deliver patching and jumpering on infrastructure frames.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line fault finding diagnosis and fixing of SCS and Switch Connectivity.
- Conduct infrastructure testing with Fluke test equipment and management software (Linkware) and ensure compliance with manufacturer, customer and published standards.
- Provide LAN technology support, with the ability to configure IP addresses on devices.
- Coordinate and deliver Data Centre moves, including decommissioning, recommissioning, and testing equipment.
- Interact with end users to diagnose issues and to understand their specific requirements.
- Liaise directly with the Client to ensure that projects are meeting requirements and being delivered within the agreed timeframe.
- Act as a single point of contact for IT equipment moves.
- Complete accurate, timely documentation and provide appropriate certification to the Client.
- Survey, quote, and plan installations/projects on a small to medium scale in line with Client requests.
- Comply with Risk Assessment, Method Statement (RAMS) and on-site Health and Safety requirements.
Skills & Attributes
- A valid ECS/CSCS Card.
- A relevant qualification, e.g., CNet CNCI®, CNet CNIT ®, BICSI Installer Level 2/3 or a recognised equivalent.
- Understand the basic elements of IT network architecture, including the range of cable types and networking equipment.
- At least 3 years relevant practical experience in a similar role.
- Experience installing mainstream copper and fibre ICT cabling systems.
- General understanding and knowledge of Data Centre Services.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate effectively with colleagues and key stakeholders in the customer’s organisation.
- Good MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams etc.) and general IT skills.
- Flexibility to be on-call (if/when required).
- Full, clean Driving Licence.
Note:- Apex Resourcing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency