Due to growth, we are currently recruiting for a Mechanical & Electrical Estimator on behalf of a successful MEP contractor and lighting manufacturer based in Gloucestershire.
Established over 15 years, they offer Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health Services. They can provide the full Design, Supply, Installation and Maintenance package. They have a huge client portfolio across sectors such as commercial, retail, leisure, health, education and more.
The position presents exciting future career development potential as the company evolves & grows. We are seeking someone who is committed, driven and enjoys working within a small team to support the company’s growth & success.
- Compiling bids for work
- Calculating the cost of materials, transport, labour accommodation and equipment hire
- Obtaining quotes for all predicted requirements from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Collating detailed price lists of everything needed on each project
- Clarifying the client’s needs and expectations
- Reading drawings and taking measurements
- Making use of relevant computer software such as excel, word and autodesk dwg
- Assessing and adhering to all risk assessments and health and safety requirements
- Keeping up to date with inflation, exchange rates and projected timescale costs
- Making visits to proposed construction sites
- Liaising with others including pre-con managers, project managers and design teams
- Completing work quality submissions
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
Skills & Qualifications
- Mechanical and electrical experience would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with AutoCAD and estimating software packages
- Microsoft office experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Administrative experience beneficial
- Customer care and communication skills imperative
- Must be proactive, committed and hardworking
- Have a positive attitude to work and contribute enthusiasm to a team based environment
- Vital to enjoy and be able to work within and as part of a very passionate team
- Show understanding and have the ability to apply themselves working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Show flexibility and initiative within the role
- Communication skills are key
- High attention to detail
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency