We are currently recruiting for a Handyman on behalf of one of the UK’s leading building services companies.
Established over 40 years, their head office is based in London, and they also have several over offices across the nation. They are known for their services in M&E, FM, Design and Construction.
They are a well-known company with hundreds of employees working for them. They work in a range of sectors including commercial, residential, health and transport.
As the Handyman, you will report to the Facilities Maintenance Manager and undertake routine maintenance. There is a wide variety of work, ranging from essential routine maintenance tasks to undertaking minor repairs and alterations, decoration to minor plumbing and electrical work.
The work will be on a variety of buildings including care homes, schools, offices, museums etc. The ideal candidate will have good all round maintenance skills and proven experience within construction/maintenance industry.
- To carry out general maintenance in commercial buildings.
- To carry out repairs and fault finding to domestic heating and plumbing systems and appliances.
- Electrical maintenance work such as changing lights.
- Undertake planned maintenance tasks including general cleaning and maintenance, cleaning of external spaces, small painting and decorating jobs, minor construction work.
- Respond to emergency calls and undertake minor repairs to doors & locks, glazing, flooring, blocked WCs, furniture etc
- Keep an up to date a record of routine maintenance schedules.
- Be familiar with the position of electrical distribution boxes and fuse panels, mains water supplies and master valves, gas stop cocks etc, and utility meters.
- Clean the plant rooms and identify and report and defects.
- To participate in the out of hours emergency calls if requested by management.
- Contribute to the delivery of a quality service, aiming for 100% satisfaction of the Customer.
- Communicate daily with helpdesk/Supervisor regarding status of PPM and Reactive tasks.
- To ensure the company Health and Safety policy is adhered to.
Skills & Attributes
- Electrical Knowledge
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Qualified in a trade would be beneficial (i.e: Carpentry, plastering, decorating, plumbing or equivalent)
- Strong, demonstrable competencies in building services trades.
- Good customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- An excellent understanding of Health and Safety.
- Competent in the use of computers and data handling including Microsoft Office systems.
Note:- Apex Resourcing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency