Due to sustained growth this leading M&E Contractor is recruiting for a junior Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) Compliance Advisor to support the current HSEQ Compliance Manager within the business.
Support the existing HSEQ Compliance Manager with the day-to-day requirements of the job role including:
- Carrying out regular site inspections, compiling site reports and maintaining an audit trail regarding all health and safety matters.
- Provide advice to all managerial, office and site personnel including subcontractors employed under the group.
- Attend client meetings with other team members when required.
- Attending company audits, contract reviews, management meetings when requested
- Mentor to support other members of the team on matters relating to HSEQ.
- Assist in the production of RAMS applicable to the scope of works being carried.
- Assist in the production/review of CoSHH assessments when required.
- Review RAMS if requested before they are issued to the customer
- When required update Policies, Procedures and Forms to meet Company and regulatory requirements in line with ISO standards.
- Assist in the ISO compliance requirements including internal audits and the evaluation of compliance.
- Where necessary assist in the investigation of accident and near miss/close call incidents.
- Carry out employee induction training, toolbox talks and arrange external HSEQ training when necessary.
- The successful candidate will need to have a reasonable knowledge of electrical and mechanical HSEQ requirements in domestic and commercial environments, but training and support will be provided.
- Have a nationally recognised IOSH accredited qualification and be an Associate Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (AIOSH) or be working toward this IOSH grade.
- IOSH – Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- NEBOSH General certificate or equivalent
- Experience in construction and/or rail sectors desirable but not essential
- Enrolment to company pension scheme up to 5% of earnings
- Discount membership to South Staffs Leisure facilities
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Free Mental Health Support
- Holiday loyalty scheme
- Car allowance
Apex Resourcing Solutions in an employment agency acting on behalf of this company