A new position has been created for an experienced Mechanical Building Services Engineer to join the Estates Department of this high profile University complex. Reporting to the Senior Mechanical Services Engineer for the preparation of building service designs, engineering drawings, specifications and supervision of installations across the University estate.
To undertake the preparation of drawings, specifications, project management and other associated technical work relating to the planning and execution of minor capital projects and development works up to the sum of £1m, small works and reactive works as required.
- To produce schemes and drawings for mechanical building services, including design calculations, estimates etc.
- To carry out monthly reports as required for minor capital projects
- To update existing drawings by the physical inspection of a buildings mechanical services during project and incorporate any amendments from ‘As Fitted’ drawings or information received from staff.
- To liaise with the Mechanical Clerk of Works on Minor Capital projects to ensure successful project delivery.
- To produce technical works specifications, including Employer’s Requirements on Design & Build project.
- To manage and supervise contractors working on site when involved from initial design.
- To meet with clients to determine scope of works, financial implications and planning delivery of projects. Report on implementation and financial progress.
- To maintain close budgetary control over projects being administered by the Engineering Section
- To assist in maintaining the engineering specification standards.
- To carry out feasibility studies and reports.
- To carry out Health and Safety audits as required when the Mechanical Building Services Engineer is project lead in conjunction with Safe Systems of Work and agreed working processes.
- To liaise with external contractors to deliver Mechanical installation works in line with specifications.
- Significant post-qualification employment experience
- Ability to project-manage clients and contractors, including the briefing process.
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Practical, with the ability to develop an engineering solution to new mechanical installation requirements.
- Highly professional with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with project clients, customers and colleagues.
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple priorities within conflicting timescales
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent service-oriented approach to the delivery of projects for customers/clients
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD; good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- HND in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Building Services
- ILM level 2 in Management or equivalent, or willing to undertake this.
- Accredited qualification in a specialised mechanical discipline eg. Gas, LEV, Refrigeration etc.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or willingness to undertake this
- 44 days inclusive of Bank holidays
- Automatic enrolment into the pension scheme with employers contribution of 21.1%
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this organisation