Our client is a leading International Building Services Consultancy. Through the application of research-led design, innovation, and sustainable methodologies they can create tailored solutions that meet the needs of their clients. The business ethos is family orientated, where each person plays an important role in the day-to-day operation which contribute to its success. As such, staff well-being is their top priority.
In your new role as a Design Engineer you will be responsible for
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors
- Being involved in all stages of the projects
- Working closely with others, in a team environment, to achieve a common goal
- Producing drawings and specifications
- Carrying out design calculations utilising both manual and computer techniques
- Monitor own design delivery for quality and in line with programme and budget
- Liaison with the other design department members to understand client’s requirements and select solutions, plant and equipment appropriately with some guidance
- Services technical design knowledge and co-ordination
- Representing the company at certain project meetings
- Sustainability understanding and implementation (LZC)
- Site management of contractors and installations in terms of compliance with design
- Continued Professional Development (CPD) and continue to learn about new technologies and developments
- A Degree in mechanical or building services engineering or HNC/HND
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of design in building services, post qualification completion
- Experience of Software design using – Microsoft suite of programmes, Relux/Dialux, Amtech, Revit
- Knowledge of British and European Standards, Building Regulations documents etc.
- Knowledge of HTM’s would also be of a benefit but not essential.
- Membership (CIBSE, IET)
- An understanding and specification of incorporating various renewable technologies.
- Working knowledge of BREEAM
- An appreciation of electrical engineering to be able to cover both disciplines at meetings
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this company