We are currently seeking experienced time-served Mechanical Fitters. Job role; Workshop and Field Service Engineers based from Wickford, Essex and covering array of sites and installation across the U.K, main scope of work within the south east but not limited to.
Candidate must have experience within the heavy engineering sectors, good rotating equipment knowledge and hand on skills and abilities. Scope is to maintain, repair, and overhaul various equipment assets such as pumps, turbines, valves, gearbox, conveyors, and coolers etc.
£37,000 to £44,000 inclusive of travel [depending on qualifications and experience].
Annual bonuses – potential £1,600.
Company van fully kitted out + fuel card.
28 days Annual holidays + statutory/ bank holidays.
40-hour week during normal office hours Monday – Friday.
Out of hours call outs (1 in 4) will be a part of this role.
Vehicle, uniform, PPE, mobile phone and tools will be provided.
Uncapped overtime structure.
Statutory Pension Scheme.
Training and Development Opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Mechanical repairs and maintenance to rotating equipment such as large turbines, array of pumps, BFW multi-stage. Additionally, auxiliary and BOP equipment such as gearboxes, coolers, conveyors and valves etc.
- Perform mechanical maintenance; proficient in the use of measuring equipment such as micrometres, DTI’s, and alignment tooling.
- To mechanically undertake and complete Workshop and Field Service activities inclusive of reporting detailing findings, condition assessments, critical tolerances, actions taken and recommendations.
- To communicate on a technical level both verbally and written to peers and customers.
- Fault finding and diagnosis of mechanical equipment associated but not limited to the heavy engineering sectors ‘working on an array of rotating machines, balance of plant and auxiliary systems.
- Conduct defect repairs and routine maintenance on mechanical equipment for commercial and heavy industry machinery and ancillary equipment, ensure installations are to manufacturer standards & legislation requirements are adhered to.
- Work alone to identify and resolve faults and concerns on mechanical systems without receiving explicit direction.
- When required assist and lead planned projects and outages as directed by peers.
- Effectively manage work schedule.
The successful applicant will have the following profile:
- A full driving license, preferably clean.
- Be self-motivated to work individually but adaptable to work as part of a team.
- Mechanical time-served and indentured to ONC & HNC, NVQ, or equivalent qualifications.
- Able to communicate in a clear, concise, logical manner both verbally and written.
- Fault finding, repair, installation and commissioning experience.
- Good customer service skills.
- Be able to pass security clearances.
- Have a flexible and positive outlook.
- Be available for call out.
- Have relevant knowledge, training and experience within heavy engineering sectors specific to the requirements under roles and responsibilities.
Desirable and Technical Skills:
- Previous experience; Power generation sector ‘prime movers and BOP.
- OEM pump and or turbine experience.
- Strong rotating equipment background.
- Good technical abilities; measuring and reporting skills.
Note:- Apex Resourcing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency