A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Plumbing & Heating Engineer to work for this multi-disciplined energy provider on the beautiful Island of Jersey with its wonderful beaches, cliffside walking trails, inland valleys and historic castles.
- Provide a comprehensive repairs and maintenance service to domestic and commercial plumbing, sanitation and heating installations, equipment and appliances.
- To undertake fault-finding analysis, maintenance, repairs, installation and upgrading work.
- To carry out and complete all works to a high standard, in a competent manner and to leave the site of works in a clean and tidy condition.
- To liaise with other staff and external contractors in a positive and cooperative manner and as necessary to ensure the timely and proper completion of works to support reasonable operational expectations.
- To supervise, direct and positively motivate junior staff and/or apprentices who may be appointed to assist and support the wider performance of this role.
- To carry out, as and when required, any additional tasks and responsibilities as are reasonably compatible with this job description and its objectives.
- Sharing views, ideas and opinions openly and taking cabinet responsibility once a decision has been reached.
- Building Stakeholder relationships through delivering against promises.
- Providing expert advice, challenge and support for all stakeholders.
- Strives to deliver high quality levels of service to both internal and external stakeholders. Analytical with attention to detail committed to continuous improvement.
- Taking personal responsibility for their individual, team and departmental goals.
Skills & Qualifications
- Time serviced Plumbing and Heating Engineer
- City and Guilds
- NVQ Level 2 minimum
- Gas safe registered advantageous
- OFTEC certification advantageous
- Good communication
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency