Our client is a multi-disciplinary design Consultancy, specialising in MEP, Civils and Structures, Environmental and Sustainability Surveying services across all sectors of property and construction industries, with a particular focus in rail.
They work alongside architects, developers, end users, designers and contractors on new build and refurbishment projects, including Twickenham Station (Part of Solum Regeneration Scheme) and Various Access for All (AFA) Schemes across the rail network, including Selhurst, Crawley, Cousldon South.
Continued growth has created an opportunity for an experienced Principal Electical Engineer to lead a team focusing on growth and enhancing client relations. Working with a team of engineers and Directors you will be leading this drive to propel the business into the next stage of growth and building, mentoring and developing your team in the process.
You will take responsibility for design delivery of your team and own the quality of work that your team produces. Working alongside other Principal Engineers and Directors’, facing clients, responding to client needs, developing and producing reports, specifications, undertaking site inspections and overseeing testing and commissioning activities, following legislation, standards and all health and safety, quality and environmental company policies and procedures.
- To perform electrical engineering design and oversee and organise the work performed by others in your team.
- To act as electrical discipline lead for projects and be responsible for the resourcing and quality of output produced for the project.
- To ensure project deadlines are achieved and client expectations are managed.
- To provide technical leadership and support professional development of engineers within the electrical team.
- To mentor more junior engineer and to ensure good engineering design delivery from drawing practices to document control and management.
- To prepare and present designs, reports, calculations, and specifications.
- To conduct technical review of projects.
- To act as a mentor to less experienced staff, promoting CPD activities.
- To interface with clients and other construction disciplines, attending and as required, chairing and minuting key meetings, including IDC/IDR with Rail clients.
- Attending and/or arranging attendance to site, preparing clear and concise reports to summarise findings.
- In doing so to deliver projects to programme, to budget and to match or exceed the clients’ expectations.
- To provide support as requested for RISQS and ISO.
- To support resource management and business development.
- To support the company to be compliant with health and safety, quality and environmental requirements, following legislation, standards, quality assurance and company administration policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will possess the following;
- BEng or MEng.
- Chartered or working towards.
- Previous consultancy experience of a minimum of 5-7 years demonstrating a successful career trajectory over the years.
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering
- Ideally we are looking for previous experience in the Rail sector
- Ideally electrical design including mission critical, rail and project administration, drawing and project document preparation (ability to do and also to delegate to others)
- A good understanding of multi-disciplinary projects to coordinate/manage/undertake.
- Experience of Site inspection, witness testing and supervision of contractors.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this company