Due to continuous growth, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Administrator on behalf of a well-established and highly reputable M&E and Data Communications Contractor.
The role of the project administrator is to support the project team in all areas of projects including administration and finance. Additional project specific tasks will be allocated at the project initiation stage and throughout the life cycle of projects. Project Coordinators are more exposed to client’s project managers and senior colleagues and will run small works and other projects as and when necessary.
Initially this is a 6-month fixed term contract, with the likeliness of it going permanent.
It is a Monday to Friday role, working 40 hours per week. There is flexibility to work from home, but you will be required to come into the office at least 2 days a week.
- Review and understand scope of works in relation to the relevant projects
- Liaise with the estimating team in handover meetings to ensure project costings are understood and managed accordingly
- Production and understanding of relevant health and safety documentation
- Setting up of project folders as requested
- Process labour requests and liaise with the Resource Manager to ensure that the correct skilled labour is allocated to each job
- Compile engineering packs for distribution
- Ensure project documents are maintained daily as defined in the project execution plan
- Hotel and travel bookings are made as and when required for engineers
- Work to project program i.e. keep to timescales and adapt when changes are made
- Analysing and reviewing of working practices in line with company procedures
- Representing the company in a professional and positive manner whenever required including off site meetings
- Material requests to be submitted as and when required
Skill Set Requirements
- Be proficient in the main elements of Microsoft office
- Gain knowledge of any in house systems in relation to the role
- Strong administrator with good planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Work to relevant company procedures
- Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
- Enjoy working with people and work as part of a team
- Be able to issue tasks to subordinates and follow up as required
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this client