Our client is a multi-discipline Principal Contractor offering a full range of construction, design and building services. Working in the industrial, commercial, retail and food production markets for both new build and refurbishment projects.
Continued growth has created a new exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor.
As the Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for preparing all costs and estimates for tenders and current projects. You will also be responsible for ensuring all relevant documentation is maintained and updated as appropriate, monitoring costs of ongoing projects and reporting on their profitability.
The key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Support site teams and Assistant, Senior Quantity Surveyors in delivering the aims of the business
- Ensure Company policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Promote team building
- Manage and mentor AQS as required
- Provide support to AQS as required
- Oversee a number of projects with the support from a Senior Contracts Manager
- Assist the contracts team to maintain the contract programme
- Ensure tenders are adequate to cover QHSE matters including safe systems of work, adequate welfare facilities and other provisions for the effective QHSE execution of the work
- Attend scoping and survey meetings as required on select schemes
- Liaison with PQS and Cost Manager throughout costing process, offering assistance as far as possible
- Liaison with the Contracts Management allocated to project to determine programme works requirements
- Review client issued scope of works and architect’s drawings to ensure that these include all works discussed at initial scoping meeting
- Liaison with the Contracts Manager and H&S on any project specific issues e.g. specialist access, controlled processes etc.
- Formulation of costing doc using SOR, Negotiated rates, supplemented with budget costs, quotes and subs quotes
- Settlement of cost plan with allocated Senior QS, Account Commercial Lead prior to submission to the client and/or PQS
- Agreement of costing doc contract sum with PQS including attendance at any cost plan reviews
- Liaison with PQS, Cost Manager to acquire order coverage to allow early procurement of long lead items
The successful candidate should possess the following key skills and experience;
- Relevant qualification preferred such as degree or HND in Surveying
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- First Aid at Work preferred
- Driving license.
Benefits include – Death in service benefit, enhanced pension contributions, healthcare cash plan, gym membership.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this company