A challenging and interesting opportunity has been created for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join this leading international FMCG manufacturer.
- To provide support for managers to deliver best practice across site.
- Monitor and report on health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace and management of emergency procedures
- Liaise with HR and Occupational health representatives, where appropriate, to advise on how risks could be reduced.
- Coordinate and/or carry out accident and incident and near-miss investigations as required, and to report RIDDOR accidents within the legal timescales
- Responsible for all safety inspections in the workplace (for example, monitoring noise and dust levels and advise on a range of specialist areas as required e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery, LOLER regulations, occupational diseases, disposal streams and waste management.
- To record, analyse and communicate health, safety and environmental statistics whilst benchmarking against industry and group standards.
- To liaise with the HSE and environmental bodies as required.
- Co-ordinate source, and/or deliver health and safety related training and briefings as required, and to organise and co-chair bi-monthly health and safety committee meetings,
- To support the Operations Director at group and site health and safety meetings and the employee relations forum. To provide management reports as appropriate.
- To liaise with and appropriately delegate health and safety and environmental tasks and responsibilities to the office manager.
- Work with departmental managers to reduce the overall operational impact on the environment, focussing on reducing waste, water usage and energy
- Relevant qualification, HNC or Degree.
- NEBOSH H&S Diploma
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
Business Related Competencies
- Demonstrable knowledge of working as a manager or Advisor within a FMCG, preferably food manufacturing environment
- Understanding of the Retailer service requirements.
Apex Engineering Solutions is a Recruitment Agency acting on behalf of this client