Due to continuous growth, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Resource Scheduler on behalf of a well established and highly reputable M&E Contractor.
The position will involve supporting the Engineering Manager in planning and scheduling of field engineers with the primary focus ensuring all work is strategically planned in a cost-effective manner and that client requirements are met. The role covers all delivery departments within the company, Data/IT Services, M&E and FM.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Request labour requirements from relevant colleagues within the business where necessary.
- Allocate labour requests received from colleagues in all departments based on the information supplied including skills, location duration & timings.
- Work closely with the Project Managers and engineering team and effectively communicating work schedules on a weekly basis.
- Review works in progress and ensure amendments to the schedule are made and communicated.
- Changing the work schedule to accommodate short notice requests for maintenance calls and other short notice jobs and communicating any changes to the relevant personnel.
- Utilise subcontract labour as and when needed ensuring the correct support is used.
- Manage colleague expectations proactively, this includes dispatching jobs to alternative engineers rapidly to avoid colleague and customer dissatisfaction.
- Using the vehicle tracking system to monitor the engineer’s movements in order to manage short notice works.
- Dealing with colleague and client complaints and observations made on engineers and subcontract labour, ensuring to pass on any positive or negative comments to HSQE and line manager for logging on the PICS sheet and investigating.
- Manage any holiday requests received from field staff taking into consideration the needs of the business in line with the company policy.
- Manage the sickness, absence and availability process for all field staff.
- Review company reports for Training, Fleet and Equipment to plan and allocate time to engineers schedules ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- An understanding of company project pipeline is required and there needs to be interaction with the departmental management to assess ability to cover the works.
- Report on engineer utilisation levels fully, with recommendations of when to flex the PAYE workforce.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Expertise working with field engineers and scheduling processes and systems, reviewing operational processes and contributing to a proactive approach to managing engineer time whilst maximising usage.
- Excellent IT skills across a broad spectrum of software systems majoring in the main elements of Microsoft Office, competent with Excel and formatting data
- Good Geographical knowledge
- Dealing with high number of incoming emails and phones calls.
- The ability to work under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge of Data/ IT services and M&E field works advantageous but not essential
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this client