Our client is a multi-disciplinary design Consultancy, specialising in MEP, Civils and Structures, Environmental and Sustainability Surveying services across all sectors of property and construction industries, with a particular focus in rail.
They work alongside architects, developers, end users, designers and contractors on new build and refurbishment projects, including Twickenham Station (Part of Solum Regeneration Scheme) and Various Access for All (AFA) Schemes across the rail network, including Selhurst, Crawley, Cousldon South.
Continued growth has created an opportunity for an experienced C&S Engineer to join their team.
The role will involve the following;
- To support the Engineering team in all project activities.
- To create accurate 2D CAD drawings using AutoCAD/Microstation (Bentley) and 3D models using Revit (3D CAD)/AecoSim (Bentley) software.
- To run clash detection and spatial planning.
- To organise and attend site to undertake civil/structural surveys, coordinating third party input as required.
- To prepare and present designs, reports, calculations and specifications
- To support implementation of technical standards.
- To support the company to be compliant with health and safety, quality and environmental requirements, following legislation, standards, quality assurance and company administration policies and procedures.
- To provide support as requested for RISQS and ISO.
- To attain the highest levels of health and safety awareness and fully understand and implement the duties of the Designer under the CDM Regulations.
- To interface with clients and other disciplines (including M&E, SISS, Architecture, Track and Signals), attending and as required, key meetings, and in particular IDC/IDR type rail meetings.
- To report design progress and any significant challenges to the management team so we can manage the situation and support in finding the best solution.
- HNC/HND in relevant engineering sector.
- Working towards appropriate professional status, i.e. EngTech, AMICE, AMIStruct.
- Civil/structural engineering assessment and design using industry standard software applications, i.e. ROBOT, and hand calculations.
- Experience of preparing Specifications.
- Familiarity with UK & Eurocodes design standards.
- Proficient with the use of AutoCAD and experience with Microstation (desirable) to create base models and drawings.
- Awareness of working in a BIM environment.
- Developing designs from concept through to delivery. Awareness of Autodesk AEC software suites e.g. Civils 3D (including drainage), ReCAP, Vehicle tracking.
- Good technical understanding of Civils and Structural engineering for different sectors.
- Report and specification writing to a high level.
- Preparation and checking of structural calculations.
- Experience working on a mixture of projects in a variety of sectors i.e. Transportation, Commercial, Retail, Industrial, etc.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this company