Continued growth of this well established, reputable Building Services Consultancy has created an opportunity for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer. As the Senior Engineer within the practice you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager. This is an important role and forms the basis for Practice development.
As the Senior Design Engineer your role will involve the following
- A capacity to develop further, sketch designs and design briefs dictated by either clients or engineering managers
- An understanding of critical awareness and innovation
- Having full responsibility for technical and financial decisions taken. These include choice of system, organisation of works and development of projects, with the ability to comply with time restrictions and limits
- Having responsibility towards technical and other staff, including trainees
- Knowledgeable concerning standard office procedures and required quality of output, including the development of internal standards and procedures
- Maintain a proactive attitude to maintaining output to programme and time management
- Actively pursue project and general administration
- Maintain Client liaison and Client confidence
- Project development and administration, including cost control, programmes and maintenance of quality
- Continue your professional development in all technical areas and your knowledge on changes in Standards and Regulations.
- Management of costs associated with projects both internally and externally
- Have an understanding of the basic physics and design parameters associated with other disciplines.
- Have a full and detailed understanding of the physics and design parameters on all aspects of electrical works, and be able to implement the designs, including energy assessment.
- Be computer literate and able to assist in the preparation of drawings on CAD and ability to translate requirements to CAD Technicians.
- Managerial responsibility for the engineering design function, including project management, preparation of the design (including supervision) and costing.
- Be competent in the exercise of independent technical judgement and application of engineering principles, including the application of Standards, Codes of Practice and Regulations.
- Development and initialisation of internal standards and evaluation and assessment of projects and failures.
- Undertake survey of a building a preparation of a Report on the mechanical and electrical aspects of the building, including capability and compliance with Codes of Practice and Regulations and energy evaluation.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment agency acting on behalf of this company