Due to successfully tendering for, and winning various new contracts this leading national M&E Consultancy is recruiting for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer. Working within a multi-discipline team, providing design and technical advice on projects. Provide professional and technical consulting and design service to the client including site surveys, meetings, feasibility studies, due diligence, design, technical reports and specifications, commissioning, and defects inspections.
Deal with multiple projects in a co-ordinated manner, meeting project deadlines and cost requirements. Work on own initiative, with minimum supervision on all technical aspects of the agreed discipline elements of projects and take a discipline lead role on projects as required.
- Work in co-ordination with all other design team members, internal and external and provide excellent client care and reporting throughout the whole project life cycle.
- Have an understanding of project costs and the impact of designs and recommendations on the overall budget for the scheme and monitor time against these costs.
- Manage your workload to meet agreed timescales and deliverables.
- Arrange and attend meetings as required
- Prepare diligently for all meetings and issue a pre-prepared progress report to the meeting as required.
- Arrange and carry out site surveys as required and prepare the appropriate reports.
- Demonstrate and deliver acceptable technical and report writing skills.
- Deal with day-to-day queries from site and report to the client.
- Carry out condition surveys and feasibility studies
- As required produce designs, calculations, room data sheets, equipment schedules and specifications and other technical information as required to meet the agreed project stage / level, and coordinate these with others in conjunction with the CAD Department.
- Promote and consider sustainability and energy efficiency within designs and recommendations
- Carry out and report on defects inspections and snagging and input into the witnessing of commissioning.
- Comment on the as-fitted drawings and O&M documents.
- Assist with the supervision and mentoring of any junior, trainee or graduate engineers as agreed, and where required provide technical support to others and encourage innovation and engineering development.
- Assist in the preparation of fee bids for new and repeat business enquiries.
- HNC or equivalent in building services or Mechanical Engineering
- Background in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services
- Previous experience working in an M&E and /or multi-disciplinary consultancy
- Technical Report Writing
- Design Experience
- MS Office (Strong MS Excel User)
- CIBSE Guides
- IEE Regulations
- CDM Regulations
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this company