We are currently recruiting for a Service Engineer on behalf of a leading manufacturer of specialist decontamination equipment made to deal with asbestos removal.
Established over 40 years ago, they have over 15 branches across the UK, France, Spain, Finland, Australis and New Zealand. They are a leading manufacturer of specialist equipment to all industries and sectors where workers are at risk of contamination.
They have 3 divisions across the company which are; manufacturing, sales & distribution and specialist training.
As the Service Engineer, you will be responsible for servicing and maintaining a range of equipment such as decontamination systems, negative pressure units, vacuum cleaners, water management systems and more.
- DOP testing of HEPA filters.
- PAT testing (electrical)
- Face fit testing.
- Maintenance of extractors and hazardous vacuums.
- Decontamination Unit maintenance and repair – all aspects including plumbing and boiler repairs/maintenance.
- Maintenance and repairs to multi-systems and Wet Strip Machines (WSM).
- Repairs and maintenance of all electrical equipment (extensions, extractors, Water Management Systems (WMS), Wet Strip Machines (WSM), Hazardous Dust Vacuum’s (HZQ), etc.
- Carry out maintenance and calibration of testing equipment.
- Uphold preventative maintenance records for customers and hire equipment.
- Keep customers informed of re-test dates and current costs.
- Maintain records and create documentation on company computer system.
- Accurate completion of service report forms and paperwork.
- Deliver orders to customers in accordance with service priorities.
- Assist with stock takes and stores duties.
- At all times treat customers, suppliers and members of the public with courtesy and respect.
Skills & Attributes
- Experience of working within a service industry.
- Competency and knowledge of basic electrical, plumbing and mechanical maintenance in relation to this semi-skilled position.
- Excellent people skills, high quality standards and customer focused, willing to go the extra mile to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Well organised and able to work on own initiative.
- Full UK Driving License.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency