We are currently recruiting for a Small Works Supervisor on behalf of one of the UK’s leading building services companies.
Established over 40 years, their head office is based in London, and they also have several over offices across the nation. They are known for their services in M&E, FM, Design and Construction.
They are a well-known company with hundreds of employees working for them. They work in a range of sectors including commercial, residential, health and transport.
This is working on a hard FM contract which carries out service and maintenance work to train stations down the East Coast from Edinburgh to Kings Cross. It is a straightforward contract overseeing mechanical, electrical and fabric maintenance and small works. This role will be based from an office in York.
As the Small Works Supervisor, you will be required to quote, supervise and deliver small works of the value £5K to £100K. All disciplines but predominantly fabric biased. The ideal candidate will be based near York, have a trades background and have worked within building services contracting.
- Developing, in conjunction with the client, the scope of the small works.
- Ensuring that all Small Works are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality & regulative standards.
- Identifying and highlight any risks, ensure that these are eliminated at the first instance.
- Communicating effectively at all times with everyone affected by the Small Works, in particular the client.
- Reviewing all finances on small works to ensure that they are on track.
- Attending and takes notes of any meetings relevant to the Small Works, either on site or in offices.
- Supervising all deliverables in line with the Small Works plan.
- Recording and managing any issues and escalating where necessary.
- Resolving cross-functional issues at small works level.
- Supervising small works scope and ensure changes are control.
- Monitoring & reporting small works progress and performance.
- Having knowledge and understanding of the CDM regulations.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety and best practice.
Skills & Attributes
- Ideally come from a trades background with experience working in building services contracting.
- Competent working knowledge of M&E and/or Fabric disciplines.
- A team player with a high level of self-motivation and organisational ability.
- Relevant operational experience of leading and managing diverse teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand the key financial, labour and material variables within budgets.
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients and stakeholders in order to resolve day to day operational needs and identify opportunities for increasing the level of profitable business.
- Competent in the use of computers and data handling including Microsoft Office systems.
Note:- Apex Resourcing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency