A fantastic opportunity to work for this cutting edge company that deliver integrated smart building technology projects and support services to organisations throughout the UK. Their delivery model helps leading global organisations design, build, support and manage their space, systems and infrastructure. They provide the framework of connectivity needed for healthy, safe and inspiring workplaces, efficient data centres and comfortable homes. Working across a wide range of sectors, including, financial services, co-working, technology, communications, government, hospitality, residential and media.
As a Smart Building Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for the installation, support, and maintenance of specialist smart building technology across multiple client sites.
Whilst you will have strong underlying competencies in the installation of copper and fibre network infrastructure, you will also have a willingness to learn and further develop skills, working across multiple smart technologies including, Audio-Visual, Electronic Security, IoT and Wired, Wireless & Mobile Networks.
By demonstrating solid levels of knowledge, skills and expertise in cabling infrastructure and associated tech equipment installation, you will help the team to deliver projects on time and on budget, with a focus on technical excellence and maintaining Health and Safety standards. You will also provide consistently high levels of customer service, this being a vital part of the role, and achieved by working diligently to accurately interpret and deliver our customers’ needs.
Hours are Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm.
- Install, terminate, and test copper (CAT-5e/6/6A), fibre optic (OS1/2 & OM3/4/5) and voice (CW1308) ICT cabling infrastructure.
- Install, terminate, and test Electronic Security & Audio-Visual cabling infrastructure.
- Conduct infrastructure testing with Fluke test equipment and management software (Linkware) and ensure compliance with manufacturer, customer, and published standards.
- Prepare, construct, and install telecommunications equipment cabinets, either pre-built or from flat-pack.
- Arrange and install fixtures and fittings appropriate for the intended use.
- Install containment systems in a safe manner, using the correct tools and methods for cutting, shaping, and mounting tray, basket trunking and conduit.
- Install end-point equipment i.e. Electronics Security (cameras & doors), Wi-Fi & Mobile Access Points, IoT Sensors and Audio Visual devices using appropriate fixings and media.
- Install network equipment into cabinets, in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications including servers, routers, switches, controllers and WAN equipment.
- Carry out all equipment and system patching.
- Support our technology commissioning teams with commissioning, maintenance, servicing, fault-finding, fault rectification, decommissioning, and equipment relocation.
- Carry out network infrastructure maintenance tasks. Identify, locate, and repair common faults.
Skills & Attributes
- A valid ECS/CSCS Card.
- A relevant qualification, e.g., CNet CNCI®, CNet CNIT ®, BICSI Installer Level 2/3 or a recognised equivalent.
- At least 3 years relevant practical experience in a similar role.
- Understand the basic elements of IT network architecture, including the range of cable types and networking equipment.
- Understand the test parameters for copper and fibre cable certification in accordance with appropriate industry standards e.g., BSEN 50346 – Information Technology-Testing of Installed Cables, the routine for test equipment service and calibration.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate effectively with colleagues and key stakeholders in the customer’s organisation.
- Good MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams etc.) and general IT skills.
- Experience installing mainstream copper and fibre ICT cabling systems.
- Awareness of Audio Visual, Electronic Security, IoT, and Wired & Wireless Network architecture.
- Full, clean Driving Licence.
Note:- Apex Resourcing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency