A great opportunity to work for this leading Independent Contractor and Manufacturer supplying into the Energy and Rail Industries. As the Stores Controller your role will involve assisting with the smooth running of the Goods In / Goods Out and Transport for the Workshops by carrying out tasks as required. In addition, to complete a variety of tasks to contribute to the efficient running of the Purchasing Department and Workshops.
- Receive inward goods, visually inspect for damage, check quantities and sign off delivery notes. Report defaults to Purchasing Supervisor, Accounts, supplier and originator of the order.
- To chase outstanding deliveries to ensure delivery dates will be met.
- Setting up and maintaining records.
- To liaise with customers and suppliers as required.
- To load both Company and hired vehicles for deliveries to customers and ensure safe loading.
- To inform the Purchasing Supervisor of any necessary vehicle repairs and maintenance requirements.
- To transport goods as required and ensure that deliveries are met.
- Collate the necessary paperwork for deliveries.
- To arrange the booking of carriers or other transport as may be required by the Purchasing Supervisor from time-to-time.
- To maintain a stock and withdrawal system of finished goods.
- Carry out Stock Rotation procedures as and when required.
- To conduct stock checks as per Company procedures.
- To make arrangements for deliveries/collections to and from site as required.
- To liaise with the Purchasing Supervisor, to ensure satisfactory levels of fuel oil and bottled gases are maintained.
- Responsible for recording tool & equipment locations as per Company procedures, ensuring items are calibrated and PAT tested as necessary.
- To undertake Fork Lift Driving duties as requested.
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience in Stores/Stock Control would be beneficial
This is an initial 12 week contract position with the opportunity for a permanent position after successful completion of the probationary period.
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this company