Our client is a leading and innovative therapeutic fostering agency operating throughout the UK. They are looking to appoint a highly motivated and ambitious Supervising Social Worker to cover the West Midlands area. The successful candidate will be joining the organisation at a very exciting time of growth and development.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and professional fostering social worker to join their energetic team and help them change the lives of children and young people.
- Present well-written Form F assessment reports and annual reviews to the foster panel within agreed timescales
- Contribute to the foster carer’s initial and post-approval training programme and contribute to running foster carer support groups.
- Support several approved foster carers by regular visits, telephone calls, attendance at children’s reviews and liaison with the child’s Social Worker
- Take responsibility for ensuring children are in safe, caring placements that offer protection
- Undertake ‘out of hours’ on-call duty on a rota basis (once every 6 weeks), and support foster carers dealing with crises and needing advice
- Promote the service to Local Authorities liaising with appropriate Managers and Social Workers and ensuring information is given to facilitate matching all children’s needs to suitable foster carers
- Work in a way that always promotes anti-discriminatory practice
- Take responsibility for ensuring all health and safety recommendations for foster carers are implemented within and ensuring the health and safety of all children with foster carers
- Identify the need for and to compile timely and robust risk assessments, monitor implementation and review at least annually or if circumstances warrant, more frequently
- Compile robust and timely risk assessments, monitor and review their implementation at least annually or as and when the need determines
The ideal candidate will have:
- An in-depth understanding of the Fostering Services National Minimum Standards and Fostering Services Regulations.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working as a social worker – ideally within the fostering sector
- Flexible approach
- Full driving license
- The energy and enthusiasm to excel within the fostering sector
- Friendly and Supportive management team who are always available
- Work from home
- Protected caseloads (Maximum of 12 fostering families)
- Exciting future ahead for the growing agency
- Personal development and progression opportunities within the agency, opportunities to progress upwards.
- 28 days holiday
- 3% Employer Pension
- Financial bonus opportunities
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment agency acting on behalf of this organisation