An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic company which offers industry-leading, nation-wide Land and Utility Surveying services. In addition to utilities, areas of technical expertise include aviation, construction, highways and project management support for large-scale projects through complementary services, such as GIS and live web hosting packages. The company employs staff across the UK and is now looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Land Surveyor to join their team, based in Kent. The successful candidate must have experience working on large complex land surveying projects. You must be willing to work away from home and/or carry out night work, as required.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of projects and other surveyors on site
- Undertake investigative land surveys and complete paperwork in accordance with company procedures
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues onsite, such as equipment, access, safety concerns etc.
- Liaising with other site surveyors, contractors, suppliers, clients
- Carry out appropriate quality control checks and issue data to CAD
- Mentor and train less experienced surveyors, as required
- Provide technical support to Project Managers and internal staff members
Essential experience and qualifications:
- At least 5 years Land Surveying experience.
- Working knowledge of surveying equipment including Total Stations and GPS systems, as well as AutoCAD software
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience working across a wide variety of environments and on complex surveys
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly
- A full UK driving licence
- Experience of mentoring and/or training other staff
- A qualification in Surveying or a relevant qualification that incorporates Surveying
Additional skills preferable:
- Knowledge of Bentley Microstation, Atlas SCC software, LSS
- Working knowledge of Laser Scanners
- Wider Knowledge of the surveying industry, utilities and construction industries
- Rail Experience
- Experience of processing and survey report writing