Having been awarded several new contracts this well-established family owned Civil Contractor is currently recruiting for an experienced Site Engineer. The company act as both a Principal Contractor and a Tier One Contractor working in partnership with the UK’s largest construction companies. With a workforce of 200 multi-disciplined staff they are a market leader in providing high quality earthworks, reinforced concrete foundations, drainage, highway works and hard landscaping.
They have a proven track record of working with clients to deliver fast-track projects in many varied sectors such as retail, health, education, transport, leisure and commercial.
As the Site Engineer you will assist in the management of civil engineering projects, ensuring delivery and achievement of outcomes, in accordance with the requirements, standards and targets set in project agreements. To work with partners, sub-contractors, operatives and other professionals to support this process. You will be responsible for;
• Setting-out of works
• Ensure quality in line with Company’s QA procedures
• Compilation of as-built drawings
• Management of site activities
• Health and safety management
• Commercial management
• Manage and develop the operatives:-
– Manage team/individual performance – short, medium and long term objectives are agreed, associated plans developed and monitored and performance evaluated
– Delegate work to Trainee Engineers – give responsibility to others for discrete pieces of work, agreeing with them targets they need to achieve, advising and supporting them in what they do
– Carry out performance reviews (complete regular reviews of individual performance)
– Coach and mentor Trainee Engineers – provide advice, guidance and feedback
• HNC or equivalent in Civils discipline
• SMSTS / CSCS supervisory accreditation
• Experience in a site engineering role
• Excellent level of experience in setting-out
• Good working knowledge of the Construction industry
• Fully conversant with all aspects of setting-out and various instruments
• Sound understanding of the CDM Regulations
• Ability to raise TQ/FRI/CVI’s in advance to prevent delays
• Ability to compare actual works with contract drawings
• Excellent planner/organiser – builds milestones into plans, monitors progress and adjusts as necessary in response to any changes
As well as joining a highly professional team that invest in their people through continual personal development, you will receive an excellent benefits package that includes, van/car or allowance, fuel card, pension, healthcare, life assurance, annual bonus.
There are no posts matching your criteria.