We are currently recruiting for an Asbestos Contracts Manager on behalf of a leading Asbestos Removal specialist based in North Yorkshire.
The company carry out asbestos removal and associated services for clients throughout the Uk and abroad with projects including Hospitals, Schools, Universities, Nursing Homes, Airports, Rail and Council contracts.
The Asbestos Contracts Manager will be responsible for the management of current contracts and will include carrying out site visits for assessment and preparation of quotations for work to be completed. You will also be expected to identify, win and develop new client accounts.
- Liaison with clients, site visit for assessment and preparation of quotations. Ensuring all works are carried out to the best of your ability
- Identify, win and develop new client accounts and maintain highest standard of service for existing client base
- Preparation of site-specific risk assessments and detailed method statements ensuring compliance with HSE regulations.
- Convey the information contained within the site-specific risk assessment/method statement to site personnel to ensure full understanding
- Programme works and resources to ensure client and company needs are met.
- Ensure that financial viability of all contracts is maintained.
- Oversee work carried out by removal teams to ensure highest standard of workmanship is being achieved.
- Responsible for creating clear and accurate job files ensuring all relevant paperwork is contained before submitting for archiving.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure health and safety and welfare at work. You are required to gain an understanding of the company’s health and safety procedures, observe them and enforce them, and ensure that safety equipment and clothing are fit for the purpose and always used.
- Carry out regular health and safety checks, including site audits.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with customers and suppliers at all times.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience within a contract management position
- Experience working within asbestos and waste management
- Excellent man-management experience.
- IT Literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The Following qualifications would be desirable; IOSH Managing safely, CSCS Card, WAMITAB and Contractual Awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with colleagues and clients
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Highly organised and motivated with the ability to consistently hit targets
- Full clean driving licence
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency