We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager on behalf of Utilities Service provider who specialise in underground mains installations.
The company are part of a larger group of companies which was established over 10 years ago and has been growing bigger each year.
They carry out work for major clients and provide water, fire and gas services to a range of sectors including MOD, Healthcare, Retail and Education.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing established business relationships at all levels whilst developing new business with customers throughout the region.
Ideally, we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who has a profound technical knowledge of Gas, Chilled Water, Sprinkler pipework systems and utilities.
- Provide senior level point of contact for the customer. Proactively ensure all key contacts needs are highlighted and addressed.
- Acquire and continue to develop a comprehensive understanding of the full range of services and capabilities the company offer, and convey to customers any new developments which promote the company’s full capability.
- Ensure business relationships at all levels are maintained to the highest level and developed to their full potential.
- Ensure that site and company continue to be aligned commercially, technically and operationally to ensure lead position in potential revenue opportunities
- Operate to developed and agreed business objectives, delivering goals from created sales forecasts.
- Developing and maintaining existing site accounts maintaining excellent customer relationships.
- Implementing and developing an effective sales plan for the business evolving the business strategy and monitoring sales performance.
- Protect and enhance the clients perception and the reputation of the company in the market place through diligence to development initiatives and ensure compliance to operations
- Adopt a ‘no surprises’ approach to reporting and communication with the Sales Director and be prepared to challenge the norm in a constructive and proactive manner.
- Achieve and exceed margin, contract value, and revenue targets.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience working as a Business Development Manager, ideally within an engineering field.
- An industry related qualification would be desirable, but not essential.
- A technical understanding and knowledge of underground pipeline installations is desirable but not essential. A technical background in a relevant field will also be considered.
- Proven track record in delivering on sales targets year on year for both revenue and contribution.
- Deliver in depth product and service knowledge to clients to ensure the correct product selection for end user application.
- Highly motivated result driven individual.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Full UK Driving License.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency