We are currently recruiting for a Construction Manager Or Senior Project Manager on behalf of a leading specialist in energy efficient and sustainable farming techniques.
Due to rapid expansion the company are looking to build a further 3 “vertical farms” over the next 2 years and require a Construction Manager to oversee these projects.
Total value for the projects will be approximately £35 million and will have a footprint of 5000m2. The farming process is highly automated so the ideal candidate will have experience in the construction and fit-out of similar buildings such as distribution centres, automated warehouses or manufacturing facilities.
- Take comprehensive overall responsibility for delivering the capital programme to the required quality, performance, programme and cost requirements
- interpretation of the internal functional requirements provided by the internal Technical Team
- Development of a comprehensive project plan and appointment of an appropriate professional team.
- The project plan will include permissions, regulatory compliance, functional test requirements, utilities, funders requirements and other third-party dependencies
- Lead the construction tender processes including the assessment of tenders and contract negotiations, culminating in the submission of recommendations for consideration by the board.
- Management of the Clerk of Works for each site as well as the professional team, and internal technical team with the expectation of also appointing an internal M&E project engineer as the programme of sites roll out.
- Implement and carry out a rigorous system of project monitoring, control and reporting to meet the requirements of the board, internal coordination, funders and other interested Parties.
Skills & Attributes
- Corporate Membership of relevant engineering Institution or equivalent is preferred but not essential.
- Technical degree/senior vocational qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Project Management qualification or project management corporate Institution membership is desirable but not essential.
- NEBOSH, IOSH or equivalent health and safety certification is essential.
- Previous Project/Construction Management experience ideally working on specialist industrial Or manufacturing premises.
- Experience leading multiple project teams including internal staff and sub-contract labour.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency