We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Contracts Manager on behalf of a leading national Design and Build Contractor based in Gloucester.
The Mechanical Contracts Manager will be responsible for multiple commercial Mechanical engineering installation projects throughout the South West.
- Procurement of relevant plant and materials and sub-contractor packages
- Managing and forecasting spend using Excel type spreadsheets to ensure that the work is kept to budget.
- Analysis of labour resource requirements for the project and placement and control of labour and associated costs.
- Regular site visits monitoring works progress and ensuring the quality of work is to the required standard.
- Managing projects and delivering against contracted targets.
- Preparation of monthly applications for payment and costing of variations.
- Ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are prepared and monitored.
- Preparation of work in progress reports for submission to the Directors.
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including clients, structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors, and in-house project teams.
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings.
- Working on a variety of projects within a short period of time.
- Assisting in preparing tender submissions.
- Collating certification and preparation of O&M manuals
- Evaluating customer needs and responding to them.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience working as a Mechanical Contracts Manager ideally with a Design and Build Contractor.
- Ideally hold a relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Sound knowledge of Mechanical Services Project Management and a good understanding of the technical, commercial and contractual processes involved.
- Good understanding of HVAC systems
- A team player with a high level of self-motivation and organisational ability.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Analytical and methodical in approach to problem solving.
- CAD experience. (not essential)
- People management and staff supervision skills.
- Competent in the use of computers and data handling including Microsoft Office systems.