We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager on behalf of a bespoke mechanical engineering company who manage the complete mechanical engineering process including design, manufacture and commissioning.
They have a client base which boasts some of the biggest names in the engineering sector. Mainly working within the Waste Water and Clean Water industries they provide a range of services including surveying through to design, fabrication, installation and implementation.
The Operations Manager will have responsibility for the management of the purchasing department and workshop to ensure that production and output schedules are adhered to.
- Management of Operations and Output for the business
- Direct Management of Procurement and Operations staff members including Workshop Management staff.
- Management of Health and Safety and Quality for the business
- Plan, forecast and expedite monthly output, ensuring client’s expectations are met with delivery schedules and output figures are maintained.
- Ensure that production schedules are kept to and assist operations with logistical changes.
- Ensure that all our processes are meeting the standards set out in our Quality Manual and in line with ISO9001.
- Manage ISO9001 documentation and systems
- Ensure that all processes and procedures, equipment and employees fall in line with the Health and Safety requirements of the company. This includes ensuring all testing and certification is kept up to date.
- Responsible for Health and Safety documents updated to reflect current requirements, standards and legislation
- Manage all company risk assessments for equipment, processes and day to day activities. This includes work equipment and machinery.
- Control the NCR system and investigate all non-conformances and report on the findings
- Control the Accident/Incident and Near Miss reporting, ensuring investigations are carried out and report findings.
- Ensure that all operation activities fall in line with ISO14001 Environmental Standard
- Oversee the procurement and stock process and ensure that they meet the requirements of the company.
- Report monthly at the management meetings all relevant activity for your area.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience working in a similar sector within an Operational Management role.
- Ideally have experience of end to end engineering projects – Design, Manufacture and Commissioning.
- Experience of working to Quality standards (ISO 9001) in a production environment.
- Excellent awareness of health and safety legislation,
- Full Driving licence
- NEBOSH /IOSH
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency.