We are currently recruiting for a Senior Civil Engineer on behalf of a leading Civil Engineering Consultancy based in West Yorkshire.
Established over 30 years ago this year, the company has built up an enviable reputation for delivering design solutions for projects throughout the Uk across multiple sectors including Commercial, Residential and Leisure projects.
The Senior Civil Engineer will provide technical expertise in all aspects of civil engineering on construction projects and ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both the clients and company expectations.
- You are expected to help clients achieve their business goals by providing technical solutions and advice, solving problems by being innovative and improving or matching methods developed in previous assignments. To develop and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external clients and suppliers.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Quality Management System are adhered to, as well as completing all work in line with the clients Core Values and in accordance with the clients Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
- Provide technical assistance to staff, including training within specific areas of responsibility and expertise as required
- You will be expected to produce faultless designs and calculations for clients and the CAD team, all calculations and designs are subject to review dependant on complexity and will be checked in detail in line with our Quality Management System and quality procedures
- You will be expected to assist in the development of graduates, trainees and school leavers.
- Contribute to the achievements of the team and Company objectives
- Undertake feasibility, concept and detailed civil engineering design and checking.
- Undertake inspection of civil engineering installations
- Preparation of bids for tenders, and reports to clients, public agents and planning bodies
- Provide an efficient and business-like point of contact. This include responding to internal and external enquiries in person or by telephone / email
- Deliver a consistent and professional level of customer service at all time to Clients and other practises within the industry
- Continually deliver on agreed timescales, ensuring that clients are informed of slippage and re-negotiate timescales if required
- Liaise with clients and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
- Negotiate with drainage utilities, the environment Agency and the lead local flood authority
- Create engineering drawings using CAD packages and sketches for drafting
- Obtaining building regulation approvals
- Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to design decisions
- Assessing the Health and Safety impact and risks connected to design decisions
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
- Production of drainage models, drawings and schedules Civils 3D
Skills & Attributes
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subjects
- A Chartered member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE is desirable but not essential
- Proven experience in the drainage industry
- An Accredited degree in Civil/Structural engineering near chartered or chartered status (Graduate/Assistant)
- Fluent in the use AutoCAD and Civils 3D
- Experience with MS Office software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Micro Drainage
- Key Terra Firma software experience
- Excellent Listening and Communication Skills
- Personable and the ability to interact with all members of the team
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency