We are currently recruiting for a Senior Civil Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a very well established Civil Engineering and Infrastructure contractor.
Established over 30 years ago the company now employs upwards of 850 staff throughout the Uk and provide design, construction and maintenance services for a range of blue chip, public and private clients on projects including Water, Transport, Energy and the Built Environment.
They are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to provide exceptional commercial support to the project team to ensure compliance with contractual requirements and ensure that the objectives of individual projects and those of the company as a whole are achieved.
- Ensure robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at both project and business unit level
- Ensure accurate cash flow reporting takes place
- Carry out cost management including forecasting
- Update the monthly CVR, cost and commercial plans and have accountability, along with the project team for the commercial performance and strategy
- Help ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the business unit
- Actively seek to improve processes and procedures
- Have a good understanding of the processes and procedures used by any JV/Alliance that we and assist in their development and improvement
- Ensure that any main contracts entered into have terms and conditions that are appropriate, with commercial risks identified
- Ensure that the supply chain are engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms and conditions
- Ensure that good client relationships are fostered
- Be responsible for subcontract letting, negotiation and financial accounting
- Effectively assist in managing the commercial team, including cost clerks and commercial support staff Ensure effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams
- Supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors
Skills & Attributes
- HND/degree in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent
- Previous experience in the civil engineering industry
- Familiarity with ICE/NEC forms of contract and knowledge of current Construction Law
- Extensive experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates and accruals calculations
- Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis
- Excellent team player whilst also holding the ability to work independently on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to encourage and support junior members of the Commercial Team
- Member of RICS or other relevant professional body, or working towards
- CSCS card
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency